I tonight upgraded from v4.5.5 to v4.7. I was using the original Ventrian Human Friendly URLs on my 4.5.5 install. I used the 4.7 upgrade ZIP that is avaialble on the Dotnetnuke.com website.
Ever since the upgrade I am getting the following error on some pages:
"XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:"
What is interesing is that I do not get this error on all pages. The following pages are error free and render perfectly:
- my pages that have the Active Forums module installed (although the human friendly 'home page' of the forum gives the error)
- All tabs under the Admin menu
However I get the "XML Parsing Error" error on the following pages:
- All pages under the Host menu
- Various pages that are publically accessible (and on which I note there is the HTML module). This is one such example page.
- All pages that use the DNN blog module on the site (such as this).
In the web.config file I have kept the lines for the Friendly URL as they are found in the release.config file of v4.7.
Any ideas how to solve this problem?