Here is an easy enhancement that you could maybe include in the next gallery release:
- One of the best features on Ventrian Gallery is the unlimited parent child albums.
- But, when you want to use the companion module, latest photos, it only show photos in the gallary id you select.
- This is a problem in real life senario, because:
- Lets say your most upper parent albums is call "Cars" and "Animals"
- In "Cars" and "Animals" there is lots of sub albums.
- Now if you want to show the newest photos is "Car" you can't do it!, because "Cars" does not contain photos, only the Child albums in cars contain the photos.
CREATE FUNCTION dbo.DnnForge_SimpleGallery_AlbumAndChildAlbums
SELECT a.AlbumID FROM dbo.DnnForge_SimpleGallery_Album a WHERE AlbumID = @AlbumID
SELECT a.AlbumID FROM DnnForge_SimpleGallery_Album a JOIN ParentAndChildAlbums b ON (a.ParentAlbumID = b.AlbumID)
SELECT AlbumID FROM ParentAndChildAlbums
AND then you modify the procedure ...photolist to ...
(@AlbumID is null or Photo.[AlbumID] = @AlbumID or Photo.[AlbumID] IN (SELECT * FROM dbo.DnnForge_SimpleGallery_AlbumAndChildAlbums(@AlbumID)))
and now... you can show lasterst photos from a parent and its child albums.
(PS: not quite that simple, because the photolist procedure is also use in main gallery)
Scott, would you build this feature in please, I should not be too much effort or change: When using the companion module. Latest Photos, to include a checkmark in the settings, where you can specify if you want just the selected album, or the album and its children.